Sunday, April 4, 2010

sitDiary: Old School Blogging


When I was 14 and a ridiculous high school freshman, I got a sitDiary account. All the cool kids were doing it. Seriously, everyone I thought was cool and I looked up to (unfortunately) at my school had a freaking sitDiary page. They were all the PR kids (that's punk rock, in case you missed that memo) and the friends of my cousin, Jenna, who I looked up to more than anyone, and probably more than I should have. I still look up to her nowadays, but it's completely different now that we're 5 years older and somewhat more mature.
But I digress.

This was pre-Underground Days (which I'll try and blog more about during this month since I continuously reference it), so I hadn't really done anything worth while in my life, but I thought I knew more than I did, so I wrote about it on my sitDiary. I wont lie, I wrote more than I should have, and it actually got me into trouble with the 'rents a time or two until I made it private so that only my close friends could take a gander at it.

Anyway, I still have my sitDiary. I log on to it once and a while and check out my old posts from sophomore year and everything leading up to it, including the Underground Days and all of the adventures involved in that.

My point is, I poured my heart and soul into this website. And I'm so glad that I did, because I can go back and read what I wrote about that one night involving a convenient store robbery and Parliament cigarettes, or why chai tea and orange chicken is so much more important than it truly seems to be. I'm glad I have legitimate record of my emotions from five years ago.
I've been telling myself that I will write a book about my life during that time of '05 and '06, and I will.
Thanks to sitDiary, my memories are actually in writing.


After reading some of the old posts on my sitDiary, I realized that I had a pretty crazy life at one point.

And I'm so glad that I did.

Later days.


Song of the Day: "I Could Be There For You" by Eisley


PS- Did anyone else have a sitDiary? Or even know what it was? Or heard of it? Just curious.

2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of sitDiary before.

    At 14, we were using either livejournal or those blogs that came with your msn/ hotmail account. I think I've deleted mine. They were mostly used for sharing bad song lyrics, anyway *shudder*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a SitD, and like you, I am thankful for it.

    ReplyDelete