Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Ojai

This last summer I spent a lot of time hanging out with my cousin, Jenna, up in Ojai, California (pronounced "Oh, hi") at a house that she was house sitting.
I'm from Ventura, a little town/city on the coast of southern California about 60 miles north of L.A. Ojai is the town up in the hills and mountains to the northeast of Ventura, and it's full of amazing trees and naturey stuff haha. It's also a place were a lot of celebrities send their kids to private schools, go to eat good food or go to spas and the like. Anyway, it's a really nice place to go and hang out and there are some awesome hikes that go back into Santa Paula Canyon and stuff like that. It's just a really beautiful place.
Jenna was house sitting pretty far back in the hills, away from just about all hustle and bustle of the town, and I was thinking just now how I'd really like to go back to there and just...be. I don't even remember what we did half the time we were there (besides re-watch the first four seasons of Weeds), but I remember being happy for no good reason. I haven't felt that for quite a long time.


I hope this summer is a good one. Three more weeks.
Three more weeks.
Three weeks.
Three.

Later days.


Song of the Day: "Wonder Woman" by Frankmusik

And, I posted a new song of mine up on YouTube.

Facts:
one . I don't like cats. Like...at all. Kittens are cute, sure, but full grown cats are not for me. I'm also allergic to them, but that has nothing to do with the fact that I'm not a fan of their existence.
two . I own three James Dean posters, a tin sign with James Dean on it, a framed photograph of James Dean, and one of those paintings with James Dean, Elvis Presley, Marilyn Monroe, and Clark Gable. I also focused on James Dean for several of my final projects in Art class for the first semester of my senior year of high school.


No comments:

Post a Comment