Monday, January 18, 2010

untitled. and intimidating.

I do my best blogging at 3 am. It's just a fact.

I change my mind too much. Also fact. And a problem. Now that I know what I want to do with my life, I don't know where I want to go next. I mean this literally, though also figuratively I suppose, in a sense. I just want something different than what I've ever done before. Seattle is a big choice, along with Nashville, believe it or not. As much as I love LA, I don't want to go to school there, though San Diego could be a definite possibility.
But what about...New York? As in city? The idea of it is no stranger to me, but I've always pushed it out of my mind because the thought of living somewhere so different than where I've been before scares me.
But is that just what I need?
Could be.

I think I want to take the chance, but is the risk worth it? Should I put in all the effort to apply to my dream school, NYU, even though nobody has ever been behind me in that?

So many questions without answers. It's freaking annoying.

I am definitely applying to the University of Washington again (that is, unless I get in in the next two months and they hold a spot for me for the fall). I am also going to apply to Rhode Island School of Design, my dream art school. It's also kind of the ivy league of art schools, so I have my doubts about whether or not I would belong there, but I think I want it enough that it would be okay. Last, but not least, I'll be applying to Watkins College of Art and Design and Film in Nashville, Tennessee.
Those are my three. If I have time and/or motivation to do so, I'll give the NYU application a try I guess. Although I do seem less than enthused by the idea of NYU, it's just an intimidating thought that is lurking in the back of my mind.

But who knows?
Everything will be okay in the end. I have faith.
Later days.

Song of the Day: "Zombie" by The Pretty Reckless. I found out yesterday that Taylor Momsen has a band. And I like it.
Film of the Day: Repo Men (2010). Check out the trailer, it looks interesting, I think. We'll see, eh. Come out April 2nd.

No comments:

Post a Comment