Saturday, January 16, 2010

As They Watch Us Fall

I don't know what to write. I feel like I'm in the sort of mood where I should be writing something inspiring and thoughtful, but...I can't actually think of anything.

This is going to be another one of those blogs. You know, the one without a plan, without any sort of structure. Here goes.


I want to write a book. Or I am writing a book, rather. I have issues with starting things and not finishing them. These things tend to be novels, art projects, and job applications as of late. I'm planning on said book to be fiction, yet evolved from true life events from things that happened in my own life and the lives of others from when I was fourteen to about half way through my fifteenth year of life. I feel like our story is one that has to be told. What happened during that time changed my life in so many ways, and is an example of how incredible the lives of teenagers can be, despite what society thinks we do or don't do.
I said "life" way too much just now.

New subject.

I had another headache today. I would be convinced that I have a brain tumor, but the MRIs and CT scans are what make me doubt my theory. In all seriousness though, I get way too many migraines for a nineteen-year-old.



My drawing teacher liked my still lifes, and over all my level of skill. I may act like I don't give a darn, but I love hearing people tell me how good I am at something. Especially if it's something I love doing.

Speaking of art, I think I'm going to concentrate on drawing and painting rather than ceramics whenever I actually get into an art program. I gave it a lot of thought this last week, and I love ceramics, but I would rather just teach regular...art. Not ceramics.

By the way, I walked into the oil painting room yesterday because some portraits caught my eye. When I got up close to them I was literally in awe, just staring at the beauty that was created by someone with such an awesome talent.





I'm so glad my phone has a good camera.
And I hope that I can someday build my skills enough to reach this level of painting. Painting people has always been a huge weakness for me. I won't lie, I can draw 'em. But painting...not so much.

Later Days.


Song of the Day: "Unnatural Selection" by Muse. This album is so amazing. If you haven't had a chance to listen to it, get your hands on it as soon as possible and blast it in your car. Unless...well..that's what I do, but you don't have to I guess.
Film of the Day: Apocalypto (2006). Mel Gibson might have a few wrong doings under his belt, but this he did oh so right. Though very graphic, it is very much worth the watch, visually and otherwise.

PS - Golden Globes are this weekend. My favorites are...well, everybody. There are so many worthy nominees this year, it's too tough to pick out any in particular, especially since I haven't seen a lot of the films that are being nominated. I know, that's hard to believe right?
As for television, Michael C. Hall needs to win a freaking Golden Globe. He's nominated for Dexter every year, but has he won yet? No. And plus, he has cancer, so just give it to him for goodness sake.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, wow. Those oil paintings are amazing.

    What level do you want to teach art at? If you're thinking high school level couldn't you teach both 'regular' art and ceramics?

    And yeah, praise is always good :)

    ReplyDelete