Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Orange Juice?

My hands hurt. Why, you ask? Because I was forced against my will this morning to juice around 20 oranges and tangerines, BY HAND, MIND YOU.
Well not forced, but asked to. And I was in bed when I was asked to, and didn't want to get up, so I was grumpy about it. But my hands still hurt.
And just because the orange juice was absolutely delicious doesn't mean I'm not going complain.

I've also been playing all of my songs for Foundation over and over and over and over and...yeah. Practice makes perfect, even if I hate doing it after only ten minutes.

My mom and bonded over M&M's and The Proposal today. Good times.

I found two skateboards today in the garage that I was working on over two years ago. One is kind of warped with air bubbles forming under the primer...so I guess it'll be heading for the trash. I can't get attached to my work, whether it be pots or pieces of wood. It's hard, but necessary, or else I would throw a freaking fit every time I broke a perfectly trimmed piece of pottery (which happens way too often).
Anyway, I'll be finishing up and designing the graphics of the other board tomorrow. I'm excited. I haven't made a skateboard since my junior year...nostalgiaaaa.


I'm planning a video for this week. Hopefully it will turn out how I want it too. It's kind of annoying that Premiere doesn't work on my computer, I really enjoyed working with that program back in the day.




I'm nervous about transfer applications. Mainly just about putting together my portfolio and making more pieces for it. I need at least 12. I have like...6 or 7. They're all drawing and painting pieces, but I need to make some pots to photograph. And I might submit, like, one photo. Maybe. We'll see...I just have a lot of work ahead of me for this month.

Later Days.


Song of the Day: "Teach Me How to Jerk" by Audio Push. I know I know I know. Really??? But seriously. Playing this loudly in my car with the bass turned up driving through St. George, Utah (one of the most conservative towns in Utah, in my opinion) and dancing to it at red lights to annoy/embarrass my brothers makes this song soooo good (Well hello, run on sentence, how are you?). Plus, jerkin' is way fun when you know how to do it. Just sayin'.
Film of the Day: Daybreakers (2010). It comes out Fridayyy. It looks good. And I'm just generally exited/curious to see if Ethan Hawke can do another good movie ever again, because, I mean...come on. Taking Lives (2004) was good and all, but when can we see another Gattaca (1997)?

1 comment:

  1. I kind of want every blog to feature a disgruntled writer juicing something now...

    ReplyDelete