Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Sad Song


The first time I heard this song was during my film making class in eleventh grade when Mr. Crouch wanted to show us how to make an interesting music video. I can remember where I was sitting, what computer I was using, and how mesmerized I was by the sound of this man's voice and the music it was making.
The second time I heard this was in the movie The Education of Charlie Banks. Once again, amazed, also because the song went perfectly with the emotions at the ending of that film.

Yesterday I jumped backwards into the snow an sunk about a foot into the top layer of powdery white wonder. I laid there for about 10 minutes, just thinking and looking up. I could see the tops of the pine trees shooting straight towards the blue sky, and perfectly white clouds slowly crawling past. Snow settled on the big branches of each tree.
It was more than snow and trees and sky. It was absolute beauty.
And I imagined this song playing in my head while I was taking in everything I saw and felt.

It was a good day.

1 comment: