Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Google Chrome Kicks Internet Explorer's Ass

Basically. The fact that I now have a better browser almost lets me forget the fact that I have a PC. Who am I kidding, that was a huge lie. I will never forget that I have a PC and not a mac.
But it is better than before.

As you may have noticed to the right, I'm reading Shooter by Walter Dean Myers, who also writes Monster, which has been one of my favorite books for years now. I decided to give this book a go. It's interestingly written as interviews from several different people. I'm only about 1/3 of the way done, but I like it, though it is a bit depressing at times. But it's very...real.
In other book news, I'm fairly sure that I convinced four people in my YA Lit class to read Looking For Alaska. We were in groups talking about the books that we read this week for our authors that we're focusing on for the class (obviously mine is John Green), and no one else in my group liked the books that they read. I proceeded to talk about my book with much praise, and they were all impressed and interested. It made me happy.

Tomorrow night there is an activity for the young adults at my church. We are having a salsa party! I get to make salsa and take it, and we're going to all compare recipes and eat chips and salsa and other snack foods. It's kind of going to be amazing.


In TV news...Heroes. This is by far the best season at this current point in time. It's just so...gahh. Good. It's good. Also, Big Love season 3 and Weeds season 5 have recently come out on DVD. I will be renting them starting tomorrow, starting with Big Love, because I watched half of Weeds season 5 this summer when I was staying at my Grandmas in California and could use DVR to record shows. I don't have that luxury at home :/ If I did I would be watching television way too much, so no worries.

Later days.

Song of the Day: "Bulletproof" by La Roux. I like the regular version, but I also enjoy some of the remixes of her songs. You know, if I'm in a dancing-in-the-car-while-driving mood. Which I generally am.
Film of the Day: S. Darko (2009). It's definitely nowhere near as amazing as Donnie Darko, but it's a nice little play off of the whole idea, despite the fact that it's both a different writer and director than the original DD. Oh, and it was filmed out in the boondocks of central Utah somewhere (there's literally NOTHING in central Utah. I hate driving through it), so it holds a special little place in my heart. Plus, Ed Westwick is just nice to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment