Thursday, January 7, 2010

Gangsta Rap Days

I was driving in the Suburban today instead of Vito Corleone (my Jimmy), and I was looking for something to listen to because radio stations in southern Utah are horrible. Inside the self-titled Taylor Swift CD case, I found a mix CD that was labeled "music for driving". I thought, Oh, I probably made this, because I used to make lame CDs labeled like that. popped the sucker into the CD player and skimmed through the songs, only to hear GANGSTA RAP GALORE. I must have made this. Back in my extreme gangsta rap days (aka junior year). It contained a good amount of songs by The Game, Ying Yang Twins, and Snoop Dog.

That was kind of the high light of my day so far. Besides that, my mom was admitted to the hospital from the emergency room, for reasons I haven't been told yet.



Ugh.



I have to submit three required drawings in graphite on white paper for my RISD application. I hate doing required art that is so specific. I treat it like a school assignment and feel like it's way too difficult to put my whole heart into. But I'm forcing myself to do it, and do a good job. I'm about 1/4 way through the first one, but my light changed on my subject too much to continue it today, so I'll hopefully finish tomorrow. I'll start another one later tonight.

But for now, I'm going to go play some music, maybe even record the music for a song or two...who knows :]



Later days.





Song of the Day: "Light A Way" by He Is We
Film of the Day: State of Play (2009). I finally got around to watching this movie last week, and I really liked it. I'm too lazy to elaborate on why, so just trust me, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment