Thursday, March 25, 2010

Goodbye, The Future's Sold Out

Gosh, I've been kind of laggin' with the blog post lately, huh. Sorry to those of you who read it, I've just been trying to actually do things in my life instead of..well, not doing things.

One thing that has been on my mind a lot lately is the whole idea of the 3D television. I don't like it. I mean sure, to be able to watch a good 3D movie at home is exciting, but 3D channels? I don't like thinking about the fact that technology might be moving forward way too fast, to the point where each middle-class American household could possibly have some tricked out HD 3D TV in their living room in the next 10 to 15 years. What's wrong with what we've got? I'm still down with VHS, personally.

Okay, so that last bit may have been a little sarcastic, but seriously. My family still owns every major Disney classic animated film on tape, and now even switching to DVD is getting old because of Blu-ray.

We are spoiled. That's all I'm saying.
We are given so many great worldly things to choose from that I think we as a society forget that we once lived without the leisures of Wii on the widescreen. It's not news that we're getting a bit lazy. I mean, come on, the majority of kids in this country would much rather stay inside and play Left For Dead 2 while talking to each other over headphones than go out into the real world and riding bikes. Same with my generation, where teenagers and college students spend their days communicating through twitter and facebook, and blogging on tumblr in the hopes of becoming hipster. I just feel as though most of us have lost sight of so much within such a short period of time.


Well, that was my vent for the day I suppose.
I need to get reading Story of a Girl and finish it so that I can start on The First Part Last for my YA Lit class.
This week, we got into groups to read books that complement classic works. Our group's complement is Scarlet Letter (blehh), which I only chose because Grapes of Wrath was already full, I've never read Jane Eyre, and I didn't really feel like reading anything about censorship (which I have to write a paper on this week for this class anyway) to go along with Fahrenheit 451. So there we go.


I'm making a rainbow cake right now. I need to go make frosting.
Later days.

Song of the Day: "La la la" by The Bird and the Bee
Film of the Day: Driving Lessons (2006). I rented it but haven't watched it yet. I hope it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment