Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Don't Care About The Car - a music suggestion post

This is definitely a music post. As I'm sure you know (at least if you've read a few of my posts) how much I love music. I wont get into that again. Not now, anyhow.
Anyway, I am so incredibly grateful to have such a passion for music, and the motivation to actually search for new bands and artists to listen to on a daily basis.

Right now, I'd basically just like to inform anyone reading this of a few bands to look at now and search for in the future, because I think that they could be legendary (or close to it), regardless of whether or not they make it to the "mainstream" music scene, so to speak. In no way do I consider myself as a professional music critic or anything, but I do believe I have good taste in music. So there's always that.


I heard about this group a few months ago but never really gave them a listen until last week, and then an even better listen last night. My favorite songs by them are Cars and the acoustic version of In My Chest, both available for a listen on their MySpace, which I've linked, just in case you didn't click on it already.
Not only do I love Cacie's voice (the lead singer...obviously), but just the overall sound of their music is something you don't hear everyday, which is always refreshing. They are fantastic in my mind, and a real inspiration to me, as a musician and otherwise.


Now for the faster, more dancy-ish stuff.

I found this guy thanks to the Talk To Animals MySpace (I'll mention more about that down below..), and within the first 3 seconds of every one of his songs, my mind was completely blown by the catchy, awesome, dare I say it, amazing, dance/techno/electronica tunes. I haven't really found out yet for sure, but I believe it's just one person, and I think he's around my age, seeing as he's still in school. But regardless, he has a great talent for making great music to move to.

Unicorn Kid does a remix of a Talk To Animals song (available for a listen on his MySpace, as is linked above). Talk To Animals is pretty cool too, especially if you're kind of into the indie/hipster music scene. Which I guess all of these artists are for you in that case. They're all a bit different of a sound than what society as a whole is used to listening to, that's for sure. But that as very rarely a bad thing in my opinion. Anyway, they are definitely good for dancing to as well. And we all know (well maybe not all of us) how much I love to dance.


I think I may be a bit late to jump on this bandwagon, but Paper Route has recently found it's way into my life as well. Good tunes, for sure.
Also, Fun. has been on a few of my playlists as of late. Their last album, Aim and Ignite, is quite good. I love their sound, [just about] all of their songs are so catchy. The guitarist of Fun., Jack Antonoff, is also the singer for Steel Train, who just released a great album themselves.

As mentioned in one of my last posts, Sleigh Bells is just another one of many artists that has become a part of my musical life. They are definitely different, and may take some getting used to. Just don't cast them out right away if you aren't sure about their sound. I didn't like them at first, then I listened to them again a few weeks later and fell in love with their chaotic, good sounding noise. And then proceeded to almost blow the speakers in my car because they have so much bass in their songs and I have crappy sound in my car.


Let me know what you think of these artists! Be sure to give them all a listen, or at least listen to some of one song from each of them, yeah?
Happy listening, and later days.



No comments:

Post a Comment