Sunday, July 11, 2010

I have no ideas for a catchy title today.

Believe it or not, I've been busy lately. Not like 'omgz i have no time for anything', but I have been more busy than I generally tend to be, which is saying a lot since it's summer and I spend way too much of my time on the interwebs.

This next week is going to be a little crazy. I'm actually kind of nervous about it, which is weird, but it's probably because I haven't had to do so much in one week for several months now \, so I'm just freaking out a little bit internally.
Anyway, I work everyday except Wednesday, and I'm closing dish 3 of those nights, which I'm NOT looking forward to, seeing as it is probably the worst job within the food service industry. As for opening in the bakery in the mornings, I'm getting a lot faster at everything and have most of the recipes committed to memory now, so things are going a lot more smoothly in that department.


It's still incredibly hot here in southern Utah, and I am still not used to it.


I really want to go to Zion sometime soon, but I don't see that happening for at least another two weeks, after I get back from Salt Lake City for Jen's wedding.
Oh, I'm going to SLC for a wedding in a week and a half. I'm so excited! I haven't been up there since last September for my birthday, and I haven'y even seen Jen or Shannon or Bre or Lindsey for over a year now. It's insane. I've missed my Weber buddies.

Speaking of college, I am excited for school to start up again next month. I'm taking 19 credits, which is kind of a lot, especially for me, considering I haven't ever taken more than 13 at once before in the last 2 years. In any case, I'm excited. A little nervous, but excited nonetheless.
I'll be taking American Civilization (basically US History), Human Development (... psychology? Or close to it), Elements of Grammar (yay English major classes), Intermediate Ceramics (I've missed the wheel...), Beginning Spanish II (me gusta mucho), and Communication Design, which is just a the very basic starting course for anyone interested in Graphic Design. Of which I am. So. There we go.

I've been playing guitar a lot more lately, not really writing so much as practicing and improving. Or trying to at least. I have motivation to do so lately, so I'm just going to roll with it.
But I did write a song last week that I really like. It's called Weird Kids, and I would really like to expand on it a bit more, though the chorus is pretty set.


Okay, I need to head off to sleep.
Later days.

Song of the Day: "Lipstick" by Lemuria
Film of the Day: Good Will Hunting

Also, Inception comes out next week! Stoked. And check out the trailer for Let Me In, it looks pretty awesome, and not just because Chloe Moretz is in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment