Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sugar On the Asphalt

Instead of watching the Mexico game right now, I'm sitting in my basement/room listening to Jimmy Eat World's first album and waiting for my laundry to dry. But aparrently Mexico is losing, so I'm not too bummed about missing it.

In 15 minutes I'm going to a work BBQ/party thing for Brick Oven. That should be...interesting. I'll just leave it at that.

Really, this post is kind of pointless.

Though I would like to say that I'm excited for Wrockstock in November. And on that note, I wish I could record my songs with more legit equipment than my one cheap condenser mic, ridiculously complicated and ghetto software, and classical guitar. But, alas, life is not always fair. unfortunately. But why can it not be??
I ask myself that all the time.

I suppose everything is possible, right? Perhaps the possibilities have just yet to present themselves in my life. Hopefully.


Okay, I'm going to go on a short tangent.
I want to play music. I don't care if I get played on the radio or only have a small group of fans or something, but I want to record an album with someone who can actually produce it, and I want to tour the US and Canada, at the very least. I think this has always been a suppressed dream of mine, in the sense that I've always thought it was a neat idea but I never saw it as an ideal thing to do.

But I have recently changed my mind.
I realize it's kind of a big ambition, but I've got the time, I'm only 19. I just want to live my life to the fullest, however cliche that may sound. But it's the truth.


Hmm. I need a drum set.

Later days.

Song of the Day: "Bleed American" by Jimmy Eat World
fact: The things I get the most compliments on are my purple jeans and blue watch. I'd like to thank Target for this.

No comments:

Post a Comment