Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Words Seem Meaningless

I'm writing a new song right now, but I have no idea what the lyrics mean.
This tends to happen often; I simply write the lyrics because they sound good. That's it. No secret tricks to my lyrics. In fact, they're kind of bizarre most of the time because they make no sense.
After writing them, I like to try and find mean behind them, like perhaps create some sort of analogy to my own life if at all possible. But it's usually quite a reach when I do it.



I'm thinking about writing some country songs for a change.

Except not really.


Later days.



Song of the Day: "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode

1 comment:

  1. I just commented on your blog from yesterday, I love recommending books to people.

    As for confusing lyrics, I heard that I Am The Walrus was written in response to one of the Beatles hearing that his high school teacher was making his english class analyse their song lyrics. With a sort of 'Analyse THIS' attitude.

    ReplyDelete