Monday, August 16, 2010

Rage, Rage

Today, I got overly excited about villanelles, mainly because I first got overly excited about Dylan Thomas's "Do Not Go Gentle into That Good Night", which is probably one of my favorite poems. Anyway, the whole reason I even looked the poem up is because that main line, do not go gentle into that good night, popped into my mind for some reason or another, and I had remembered reading it Captain's class*, so I Googled that line to look up the rest of the poem.
Now, if you're keeping up with my life** via twitter and/or tumblr, you would [possibly] know that I'm restoring an electric guitar. I've been trying to decide what I want the body of it to look like, so just today I choose to go ahead and put some text on it. It's going to be dark green with all the metal pieces gold plated (tuners, tremolo, tremolo bar, volume and tone knobs, etc.) and hopefully I can eventually get some gold lipstick pick ups, but they're expensive, so they might have to wait. Anyway, it'll be green, gold, with a tortoise shell color pickguard, and over the green paint on the body, I'll put text in gold. Most likely the last two lines of the poem:
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
In other news that's slightly related, I wrote a song concerning this poem and tumblr earlier today. Hopefully I can eventually get it recorded for you guys.

And I think...that's all.
Later days.

Song of the Day: "In The Past I Was An Astronaut" by Yellow Ostrich
Film of the Day: Clueless (1995). I've never seen it and am about to watch it...now.

PS - Weeds started it's 6th season today. I can't watch it, personally, because I don't have Showtime, but if you do...check it out.



*Captain is what everybody called the senior AP English teacher. She's pretty awesome.
**I wouldn't be if it weren't my life, so no worries.

No comments:

Post a Comment