Saturday, December 5, 2009

The Basement is Always Too Cold

I'm a huge cry baby when it comes to films and television. I have no. clue. why.
It just doesn't make any sense. I can break an ankle without crying, so why can I not get through an episode of Grey's Anatomy or Private Practice without the water works? And I swear, if I tear up next time I'm in a theatre I will...hmm. I didn't really have an ending for that thought when I started writing it.

Anyway, this has just been on my mind lately.



I'm worried about my grade in French. I won't lie. It's a hard class for me, and the fact that my teacher isn't good at actually teaching helps no one. He's a funny dude, but come on...he remembers when the Berlin wall went up. I have nothing against older folks (except that they should not drive if they have trouble walking, seeing, or thinking. Especially in the state of Utah), but there comes a time in every person's life where always consistent things must come to an end.



I really miss jumping, by the way. I wasn't any good at it or anything, but I loved it so much. One of my only regrets in life is that I only did it for my senior year of high school.





I really need to get something to record and mix my music with. I've been dying to share it with people, but I just don't quite know where to go with it next. What's the next step?



In other news, I'm extremely excited to go home (well, old home, since I guess Utah is technically "home" now) to Ventura for Christmas. I miss the ocean. I'm sooooo tired of mountains, mountains, mountains. Mountains are cool and all, but I've been over it since the first week I moved here.

At least give me snow. Oh, but wait, I live in one of the only places in Utah where it rarely snows. It just gets to ridiculously low temperatures.





Enough complaining.



I've been thinking about coming up with a playlist every two weeks and then putting it onto a CD and giving it to random people whom I believe would like said music that would be on said playlist. Thoughts?

I just figured, everyone generally likes my music suggestions, and unless everyone has been lying to me, I would like to share music that I enjoy with everyone else.



I need to go make a video. A short video. But a video nonetheless.







Song of the Day: "A House Grown With Ivy" by Let's Lumos! Thank you Kristina Horner for tweeting about them. They've already been a huge inspiration to me.

Film of the Day: Zombieland (2009). I am aware that this has previously been on of my films of the day, but it is now in the two dollar theatre on flood street, therefore it is once again worthy of being mentioned because it is AWESOME. Seriously though, if you haven't seen this yet and it's playing near you...GO. If you're Mormon, or else just aren't a huge R-rated movie goer, then I guess don't go see it, but there are only a few words of bad language and really fake blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment