Sunday, April 17, 2011

Newspapers: Dead? Packing Material? Art Medium.

Two days ago I stared this little art project that I'm hoping to expand on in the near future. Lucky for me, my school gives out free copies of The New York Times in almost every building on campus on a day bay, so I like to pick them up once and a while. Well, apparently I had been unintentionally hoarding a few of them in a pile in my room, back when everything in Egypt first started to erupt.

I bought some 8" x 10" canvases and I'm starting to collage each issue onto one canvas. I've got one done completely, and I'm working on the second one. Each one will have the NYT title visible, along with the date and issue. There are pictures along with some headlines that I cut out throughout all the sections of each issue. The pictures are either visually appealing, or just important, or both.

This is just from an issue from this last week, but I love it.
What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment