Sunday, April 3, 2011

Give Your Love Away With Me

Today I thought a lot about what I would pack if I wanted to go away indefinitely. Like clothing wise. Not that I'm thinking about going away indefinitely. But sometimes I'd like to, and sometimes it doesn't sound all that absurd.

Just the thought of being somewhere different, somewhere new, even if for just a few days, sounds incredible. I would really like to just run away sometime for a week and fend for myself somehow for that amount of time, wherever I may be. Perhaps that will be my goal for 2012, instead of reading books or watching movies. I could just...go places. And write about it. Or not write about it. Which ever.

Sometimes I think it might be lonely, if I did go on adventures like that. But then I remember that I'm the sort of person who enjoys going to movies alone and spending my afternoons reading in the courtyard outside the library downtown. Not that I don't enjoy the company of people, just not a lot of people understand me very well, I think. So I do believe this kind of traveling would be something I need to do alone.

Where would you want to go for one week? Anywhere in the U.S., with 300 dollars in your pocket, not including the money it took you to get there. Where would you go??

It's fun to think about. Let me know in a comment.

Later days.

Song of the Day: "Wait For Me" by Allison Weiss

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm, I'd like to go somewhere desolate. Somewhere where it's green. Just be able to sit in the middle of a green field and read a book or play songs on guitar.

    Then again, and unfamiliar city would be nice too. Visit some record stores, a few vintage shops, and perhaps an ice cream shop. Get lost in a crowd of people. Attend a few shows of bands I've never heard of.

    I don't really know what city or town I'd like to go to, specifically. Some place, I've never heard of would be nice.

    ReplyDelete