Friday, November 20, 2009

Tolerance For Obscurity

I love life. Just want to throw that out there.
Today was so close to perfect, it's incredible.
I woke up, got to class on time (thank goodness I only have one class on Fridays), and bought another bag of clay. Then I went home for a bit, ate a muffin that wasn't as good as I'd hoped it to be, and went to the art building to throw some cups.
And that I did.
Two cups, three mugs, though I haven't put the handles on yet. That's a job for Monday.

I'm also sorry to say that I will not be continuing on with NaNoWriMo.
I know, I know...quitter.
Except not. I don't generally quit, I just can see myself getting more frustrated than is healthy for me by trying to finish 50,000 words in the next ten days. It's the end of the semester and I have a lot to do.
Like bring up my French grade because of that horrible test from yesterday. Also, I have a lot of pottery to make before December, because my last day to trim anything is the third. I also have to shoot a roll of action shots before the weekend is up and develop and make prints and gahhhh. Photography is super time consuming.

Last, but nowhere near least, I have to finish my application essay before December 1st, my personal deadline, even though the application isn't due until the 15th.
I'm also kind of freaking out about my job. Or lack of working at it. I've worked two hours in the last two weeks. I need a better job.
It's such a bummer too, because I absolutely love the job that I have now, working with kids and teaching them to cook. Amazing.
But I can't not make money. Which is exactly what's happening.

And now...I'm going to go try and finish that essay.
Later days.

Song of the Day: "Baby, You Wouldn't Last One Minute On the Creek (Acoustic)" by Chiodos
Film of the Day: Pleasantville (1998)

No comments:

Post a Comment