Wednesday, November 25, 2009

All I Want For Christmas

I made up a Christmas list for my mom because she asked me to do so.
I put on it the worldly things I would like for Christmas. She said it was "a little out there". Well, I was straight forward; I said what I wanted, not what was completely reasonable. This is the one time every year where I can let the world know what I truly want for Christmas, instead of leaving it all up to the gift givers. If I do that I end up getting scarves and calenders and other little things I don't need. But what ever.

Today was...hmm. What was it? I don't even remember, so it must not have been great.
Oh no, wait. It was, just kidding.
I slept in way too late, like every day. I decided to go to DI (Deseret Industries, an awesome thrift store). I went in looking for a good ol' tacky Christmas sweater, but they didn't have any. So I browsed the rest of the store, not really looking for anything in particular, and I came across the movies, which generally contain workout videos and Mormon Church movies.
But I spotted a gem among the yoga tapes and Joy To the World dvds: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, the original. Like the ghetto/awesome one from the early nineties with the random/crazy teenage runaway back story. And it was only three dollars. So, naturally, I bought it without a second thought on the matter.
Best decision ever (well, not really, but you know what I mean).

I then went over to the movie theatre across the street from DI and saw New Moon. It was aight.
I enjoyed it for the most part, and I think it's because of the director, honestly. Catherine Hardwicke can direct a mean drama (Thirteen), but not the best fiction movie. I'm a little bummed that Eclipse is once again going to have a different director; I was happy with Chris Weitz. But I can't have everything, can I?
By the way...Edward? His character just kind of pissed me off. I do still like Robert Pattinson though. Just not as Edward. And Kristen Stewart was okay. I still think her best movies are the ones that have nothing to do with Twilight. Like Panic Room, for instance.

I wrote a song a couple hours ago about Christmas. I'm hoping to play it for my family when we all get together for the holidays next month. It's a completely satirical song, about how presents are the most important part of Christmas. I like it. I tried to play it for my mom, but she wasn't feeling very well, so I don't think she really cared at that moment. Maybe I'll make a video playing it, get some feedback from others.
I'm almost done with my application essay to...oh wait. Still not telling where. I'll have submitted the application by the first of December though, so ya'll will know by then.
I need to get up early for the doctor in several hours, so I'd better get to sleep.

Later days.

Song of the Day: "Brand New Day" by Ryan Star, the theme music for the show Lie To Me, which is one of my personal favorite shows, thanks to Tim Roth (remember, you can listen to all of my songs of the day by clicking that link over there on the right).
Film(s) of the Day: New Moon (2009) and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990). Goodness, that movie is as old as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment