Monday, November 23, 2009

Neither Cold Nor Hot


I'm always writing and posting my blogs at the wee hours of the night/morning. It could be worse.
It could be raining.

Wow, that joke brings me way back. Back to the insensitive drum line boys and the days when drum line was actually good. Not that I really care about Buena HS drum line anymore, but I do hold it in a special compartment of my heart. Those times were truly some of the best times, despite the immaturity.

Anyway, my weekend has been extremely...uneventful. I made some pots at school on Saturday, and Sunday I slept until noon and went to Church from 1-4. I hadn't been to Church for quite a while. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. A lot of the guys kind of keep to themselves, but the girls are all pretty awesome. And tomorrow night we're going to be playing Fugitive for FHE!!! I'm stoked on this event. Fugitive is like the Utah version of Rambo. Well, actually, it could be played tons of other places too, I really don't have any idea. I just know that in Ventura we call it Rambo.
Basically, there are groups of people in the dark with flashlights trying to get from one point to another point before the other groups, whilst hitting various obstacles on the way. I think that's it. That's what Rambo was.
It doesn't sound like the safest thing in the world, but it sure is a blast.


After getting home from Church, I treated myself to an english muffin with peanut butter and nutella with sliced banana to top it off. AMAZING.

Other than that, I've been painting a lot and watching HP and the Goblet of Fire. I'm working my way through the movie series because I realized I haven't watched half of them for quite a while, besides the third one with Jenna up in Ojai this summer. Even that was a while ago.



I got a facebook wall post from Alex Frantela the other day. Also known as my best friend in the world. I haven't talked to him since July because he's been doing Marines stuff, and I'd been sooooo worried about him, but I'm glad he's well. It was really bothering me. I'm going to call him tomorrow.

Speaking of calls, my dear cousin Jenna hasn't called me back after several threatening (not really) messages I've left on her voicemail in the past two weeks. I know she's been partying for her 21st birthday, but come on. In the words of Seth Meyer and Amy Pohler: Really?? Really? Really.

Gahh I need to catch up on SNL. It's horrible that I even missed it in the first place, Saturday nights are like a religious holiday for me because of that show.


I must dash off at this time; I have to write a one paragraph response to Super Size Me (REALLY?). It's almost not worth it, but at the same time...easy points. Plus, I've seen that film like seven times, I didn't even need to watch it to do the assignment.


Later Days.

PS - I wrote another song. I'm on a roll. Hopefully I can get a full album written by new years so I can record some stuff right away.


Song of the Day: "Home" by Depeche Mode (though not my favorite Depeche song, which is "I Want You Now", among others).
Film of the Day: There Will Be Blood (2007). Such an amazing film. Daniel Day Lewis won a second Academy Award for this movie (and I personally think he should have won another for Gangs of New York in 2003, even against Adrian Brody, though his performance in The Pianist was also quite brilliant), not to mention a fantastic performance by Paul Dano.

No comments:

Post a Comment