Sunday, October 3, 2010

Believe in Human Beings

I have noticed recently that I am constantly having to remind myself that we are all human beings.
It's hard to live, we all know this. Going through life is no easy task and there are always tough things that we go through, things that happen to each of us that are constantly changing us, making us a little bit different, whether it be for the better or worse.
The only jobs that I've had so far in the last 4 years are in the food service business, generally having to do with customer service, therefore, interaction with people. Now, I love people. I love people with practically every fiber of my being, or something ridiculous like that. It truly is ridiculous, though. I enjoy the presence of others in my everyday life and I love to socialized and see others socialize, and know that we ar e all somehow supporting each other's happiness by simply being.
I also know that every single human being on this earth has flaws. As in multiple. No single person is perfect in this world, at least not yet (interpret that however you want). Personally, I love flaws. Flaws make us who we are, and they make it so much more interesting for us to interact with each other. Flaws lead to mistakes, which I also love. It took me several years to come to the conclusion that I do not have one single regret in my life. In fact, I am truly grateful for the mistakes I've made in the past. I love that we, as humans, can even make mistakes, let alone realize that it's okay to make them. We are a learning and reasoning species, but we are also impulsive. Our impulses and instances of being slightly off at times make us human beings, and I love it.

When interacting with people at work and in the world and such, I get irritated, and, on rare occasion, angry. The thing that tends to help me reason with myself and justify why people are as such is to remind myself of just that: people are all different and they are people. Simply people.
There may be sociological and psychological reasoning behind why people are the way they are, but I choose to accept that people just are. They are. I am. We are. And you? Just simply be.

No comments:

Post a Comment