Sunday, February 28, 2010

Knowin Nothin In Life But To Be Legit

I've just made a decision that I'm going to stick with, regardless of the fact that I just thought of it at 1:30am.
I'm not going to record my album until I get a steel string acoustic guitar.
Right now, all I've got is the nylon classical acoustic that I've had since I was 13. I love the sound of it, but it isn't right for what I want. It might be right for some of the guitar parts in my songs, but otherwise...nope. I want my songs to sound good, not mediocre, so I'm going to have to sacrifice the wait of buying a new (well, probably used actually) instrument in order to get what I want, though I am extremely impatient.

I've also decided to write some new songs for a regular (muggle music) album. I would like to be a one man band for that as well, so I'll have to start thinking of a good band name. I was thinking about all the names of local bands from Ventura, California that I used to see a lot and was laughing at a few of them. Mostly just at Sexual Jedi haha. Sexual Jedi was one of the first bands I saw on the first night I went to the Underground, along with Aejis and Grady. That was great night. But I digress.
I'll continue thinking about names.


Songs of the Day: "Hell" by Tegan and Sara, and "Cold Hands (Warm Heart)" by Brendan Benson

1 comment:

  1. It always amuses me what band names exist. Often I hear names but don't actually think about what the words in the band's name mean. I mean, at what point did someone say, 'Let's call ourselves, 3 Oh! 3' or 'I think The Alkaline Trio is a good name for a band'? And what's the story behind 'Death Cab for Cutie'?

    With the likes of those out there, you could probably pick any band name, and it wouldn't matter.

    Silly non-guitarist question: Could you just buy steel strings and replace the nylon strings on your current guitar? Either way, I wish you luck in your quest :)

    ReplyDelete