Monday, February 1, 2010

You Think You Think You're Pretty Smart


Today I made a cake. A very large cake. And it was delicious. Well, is still I suppose, we haven't eaten the whole thing yet.

I also aced my first Spanish test of the semester.


In my drawing class right now, we are supposed to be using pencils and graphite sticks to draw a suit of armor. I have to literally force myself to push on and keep going while drawing this. IT IS BORING. I like drawing people. Or wrenches. I like drawing wrenches. Don't ask.
Anyway, I have to build my portfolio, so the more drawings the better, even if they are of suits of armor.
In ceramics, one of my pots broke. I was kind of mad, but then I remembered my motto for ceramics: Don't get attached. It's hard not to, but it's necessary. Things break. Things don't work out. That is life, unfortunately.

Speaking of my portfolio, does anyone have any suggestions for art projects? I need new ideas. More breadth. More variety. I have to show these schools what I can do, and in order to do such I must challenge myself. So suggestions are quite welcome :]


I have four songs recorded for my wrock album so far. I have five to go. I've decided to make some big changes to one of those five songs, so it might take even longer than I'd like, but I'm sure the outcome will be rewarding and make up for time lost.
I feel as though I've been focusing far too much on lyrics (which is completely understandable, considering wizard rock is a completely lyrically based genre) and have lost the more musical side of things. Por ejemplo, making sure it sounds good. Like, good, good. Why would I want to make something that not even I would listen to? Exactly. So I'll work on that for the remaining songs.

But for now, later days.


Band of the Day: The Brobecks
Film of the Day: Son of Rambo (2007)

No comments:

Post a Comment