Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Words Intimidate Me

My application essay is literally scaring me. Not like, what I've written, but the idea of finishing, of tackling those last 50 words in the conclusion so that they sound just right. I keep putting it off.

I wrote another song today. It's about the trail of spiders that Ron and Harry follow in The Chamber of Secrets. It's a bit slower than I'm used to, and just...simple. Easy. I have realized that just because something is easy to do does not mean it can't be awesome too. Right? Right. I really can't wait to start recording my songs. I'm looking forward to it a lot.
On a similar note, I told Jenna I listen to wizard rock, and she thinks I am kind of crazy now. Maybe it was the shock of telling her something out of the norm, but over the phone she sounded a little weirded out. She'll come around though; I'll help her see how awesome wrock can be :)
I also told her that Nerdfighters changed my life. That may have been a lot to take in, I admit it.


Thanksgiving is...well, it's today, actually, now that it's past midnight.
My step-dad's brother and parents came to St. George to celebrate and eat delicious food with us. I'm personally stoked about the sweet potatoes and cranberry sauce.

I was a bit distraught when I went into Harmon's today to buy more California Chips. They were out. I couldn't believe it. And they told me they don't normally sell that brand unless they are having a special, like they just were. Bummer, er whattt??
Though the man that helped me used to live in Santa Barbara, so I felt a little better about the whole thing. It's always nice to meet someone from the Ventura, Ca. area. Like the random old tow truck guy that was from Ventura; he towed my Ghetto Honda, Calvin, to his death, unfortunately. In the middle of a snow storm...those were the days.


I still haven't even started my photo shoot that's due next week. I have to shoot and develop before Monday afternoon. GAHH.
I'm not taking photography again next semester, regardless of which school I end up attending.


I'm going to take a page from the 5AG book and say why today is awesome: I have my first subscriber on my YouTube channel. Granted, I have no idea who they are because their page is blank, I still feel happy about the situation. And apparently my aunt Nicole saw some of my vlogs as well? Mmk. Cool.

Today I did a Gaga Check (this is where I push all the presets on my radio to see if a Lady Gaga song is playing on any of them. There usually is. Alex came up with the idea, I just carried on the tradition) and it reminded me of Alex and how I've been meaning to call him but haven't. I kind of sort of feel bad. But at the same time, I take so much comfort in the fact that I know he's okay and alive and all that now, that I just forget about calling him and actually reconnecting with him vocally. I should get on that; I've been a bad best friend :/

And now, I need to catch up on House MD.
Later days.

Song of the Day: "Paparazzi" by Lady Gaga. I thought this was appropriate.
Film of the Day: Ghost of Girlfriends Past (2009). Quite funny, let's be honest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment